Food to Never Feed Your Dog

Dogs are not just cute, furry little animals that live in our homes.

They very quickly become members of our family, and because of this, we naturally want them to be well taken care of. And one of the ways that we care for our canine friends is by making sure that they never eat anything that could cause them harm. In this article, we will share with you which food we should never feed a dog.

It’s important to remember that just because some food items are perfectly safe for human consumption, it does not mean that your dog can chow down on them safely. We have different systems than our furry friends, and we could mistakenly feed them something that is toxic. What foods are considered to be toxic to dogs?

One item that is known to be toxic to canines is chocolate. This includes cocoa powder, white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and even unsweetened baker’s chocolate. Chocolate can speed up the heart rate and the nervous system, so be very careful that your dog does not get into this sweet treat if it is around the home.

Other food to never feed your dog:

  • – Alcohol, cannabis, or any other substance.
  • – Candy, chewing gum, toothpaste.
  • – Any food containing caffeine, such as tea and coffee.
  • – Grapes or raisins.
  • – Yeast.
  • – Salt and sugar.
  • – Milk and any other dairy product.
  • – Garlic.
  • – Corn on the cob.

These foods are not safe for canine consumption, so it is of the utmost importance that you do not feed them to your pet.

Make sure that you keep anything that could harm your animal stored out of reach so that they do not sniff this food out on their own. If you have any questions regarding what is safe to feed your dog, be sure to ask your veterinarian.